Top Social

The Body Shop Seaweed Clay Mask

8 September 2014
One thing I have a love for is face masks and with the colder months on the way I thought it'd be best to pick up a few more to treat my skin with every Sunday night & maybe a few nights in between too. The newest addition to my collection being The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask for oily/combination skin and since I've fallen for it so much I thought I'd write a review for it - which has been a long time coming!


Most Body Shop products are tailored to certain skin types and although this mask is for oily/combination skin, I think it would also suit those with acne prone skin too! My skin isn't too oily, just sometimes and it makes such a difference to my skin so it would probably do wonders for those who do have oilier skin. Whilst placing an order a while back I decided to buy this, now I hadn't smelt it in store and knew from experience I didn't like the smell of real life seaweed so I don't know exactly why I picked it but I'm so glad I did - it smells lovely (a little strong) but still lovely and fresh and once I'd opened the tub I couldn't stop smelling it, am I the only one?

The mask being clay is quite thick and a greeny-grey colour, think swampy colours and when it dries it changes to a lighter whitey-grey colour. I've actually used it loads of times already and I haven't made a dent in the tub so it'll definitely last a while. Originally I wasn't sure about the £13 price tag but eventually I took the plunge and haven't looked back, in fact its made me want to try more masks from The Body Shop. I only use this once a week usually or if I'm feeling a bit down throughout the week I might use it again, its so easy to apply, just try not to laugh and crack it which I always seem to do and most importantly its not a hassle to remove!

This mask is meant to draw out impurities, excess oils and refresh the skin and it does all of that and more. Its only meant to be applied for 5-10 minutes but I've realised the longer you leave it on the better the results, I usually leave it on whilst watching tv so between half an hour to an hour oops and whenever I take it off my skin feels oh so soft and healthy. I also haven't had that many spots as of late and I think frequently usinng this may have something to do with it so I'm dying to try a few more things from the Seaweed Range which you can find here (link) where the mask retails for £13, don't panic there's plenty of offers to keep an eye out for. I definitely recommend picking one of these up next time you fancy buying a face mask :)

Thanks for reading, Jenny xo 
P.s what face masks have you been enjoying lately?

 BlogLovin'  //   Twitter  //  Instagram  

3 comments on "The Body Shop Seaweed Clay Mask"
  1. I'm a big fan of seaweed products- I think £13 is alright for a pot of face mask like this. Shame it's not for my skin type! x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first but I can't wait to try a few more :) At first I thought it was a lot smaller than what it was and that I'd need a lot but I've since realised a lot goes a long way which is great! x

      Delete
  2. it was on my list for ages before I actually got round to buying it :) It is, its wonderful and perfect at keeping spots away :) You should definitely try it x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_