Top Social

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer: Review

18 September 2014
With Summer more or less over you'd think the bronzer would be packed away for another year however for whatever reason the sun is making more of an appearance mid September than it did throughout the whole of July & August together so I thought I'd review my favourite summer bronzer which was briefly mentioned in my August Favourites (link), The Body Shop Honey Bronzer.

Probably the worst photo ever, this bronzer just doesn't want to be photographed :(
 I tried to avoid bronzer before so many times, being as pale as I am it always looked muddy and orange on my own skin - maybe I just never found the right bronzer but even still it put me off them until early summer this year when I picked up this. There was some hype around it but what drew me in was the fact that they had two shades for paler skin tones, fair & light. They have 4 shades all together so they do cater for darker skin as well with medium & dark but I was so excited to try it out for myself.

I was the second shade 'light' surprisingly, I'm so used to being the palest of pale and its a lovely colour match for my skin. Another thing that I think put me off bronzers for the longest time was the chunks of glitter and shimmer associated with them however this is a matte bronzer with absolutely no shimmer at all #success, which applies like a dream and can be built up. I still haven't had a time where theres been too much product but it simply adds a natural bronzed look to my cheeks, a warmth to my face if I apply it all over with my RT powder brush and it comes in handy for contouring too. An all round multi-use product AND it lasted ages on my skin, even on the sunnier days it didn't budge like you'd expect.

Without a doubt its my favourite bronzer of the summer and its definitely changed my opinion of bronzers - I've actually reached for this Body Shop offering far more than blusher, my usual go to cheek products. It also looks amazing, its a large compact with tortoise shell packaging (which screams summer to me), includes a large mirror for topping up on the go and the product itself has an intricate honey comb design which is a nice finishing touch. If you're unsure about what colour you'd be, swatching is probably you're best bet next time you're in the Body Shop. It's my new favourite!

You can actually find it here for £13 (link) or on the Body Shop Website (link) and theres always plenty of offers on so you can snap it up for a bargainous price.  

Thanks for reading, Jenny xo
P.s what's been you're favourite bronzer to use throughout summer?

 Bloglovin'  //   Twitter  // Instagram  
16 comments on "The Body Shop Honey Bronzer: Review"
  1. Lovely post, im in love with my Mac bronzer from the Aquatic range x
    Emma | Everything Beauty
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, aw it looks incredible! I loved the packaging from that range, kicking myself I didn't manage to get anything though lol x

      Delete
  2. This bronzer is pretty awesome, period. Definitely a must have! Fabulous post honey. X

    Brook | www.brookdellar.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty is that! I'm tempted to buy it just for how cute it is. I find bronzers are too dark for my skin but that looks like a lovely shade. Thanks for sharing!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is adorable, the packaging was too cute not to buy when I walked past it in the shop! I'm the exact same, no problems hope it helps :) x

      Delete
  4. I've been using Soap & Glory's Solar Powder, which is lovely, but this sounds amazing! I'm glad there are finally some products that are more suited to pale skin xx

    http://bethht.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try that, I've heard nothing but good things :) me too! It's such a nuisance being pale sometimes lol x

      Delete
  5. This is my favourite ever bronzer, it's perfect! xx
    ELEANORMAES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw really, I couldn't agree more! it really is :) x

      Delete
  6. It sounds shallow, but I LOVE the honey comb pattern in the powder <3 such a lovely touch on an already great product x

    Cream Tea And Rose Jam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it doesn't, sometimes I'm scared to keep using it and ruin the pattern itself lol! I agree :) x

      Delete
  7. That is too funny-I also avoided brozners for the longest time! Glad you liked this one, I haven't tried anything from the Body Shop yet, but this makes me want to!

    Love your blog and am now following you! Please come visit me too at melissygoose.blogspot.com

    Thanks for letting me read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is, thanks, I always forget to pick up makeup bits and pieces from the Body Shop too but this has changed my mind :) thank you, I shall x

      Delete
  8. I must try that in the winter!! I have a bit of a tan still so I guess I'll have to wait a bit haha!
    xx beautyybychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really should, its lovely! and it suits all skin tones :) just another thing for the wishlist lol! :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_