Top Social

The End of Summer FOTD;

27 August 2014
Whilst I've been blogging, I've haven't actually posted many photos of makeup on my face when I'm reviewing or FOTD's as I'm quite forgetful & usually remember once I've taken it all off or else I don't think the way the makeup shows up is right although I'm trying to change this. Since my last fotd post was back in January (link here) I thought it was about time I did another, this is the way I've been wearing my makeup a lot of the time throughout the summer, very natural and glowy. I'm also trying to mix up the products I'm reaching for to use them all up & of course buy replacements so this'll include a bit of everything! .

I much prefer landscape to portrait photos but hey! :)

Considering summer brings warm weather supposedly, I thought a matte foundation would keep the shine at bay, the one I've been trying is the No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation from Boots in the lightest shade Calico which is more of a medium coverage, SPF 15 (always a bonus in the summer) and its hypo-allergenic so its shouldn't even be a bother to sensitive skin. Since this is a matte foundation I haven't been using powder, only a light swirl of the MUA mosaic blush in English Rose on the apples of my cheeks and then a light dusting of the Natural Collection Bronzing Pearls in Tropical Tan as a contour and that's my base done in three steps, easy peasy!

As for eyes I've been trying to add a bit of colour so I used the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold as a base and then my Wet 'n Wild Sweet As Candy eyeshadow Palette to build up the colour all over my eyelids. I then used my Collection Extreme liner to add a little definition to my eyes, my Clinque high impact mascara for my bottom lashes and then the Rimmel Scandal Eyes volume flash mascara on my top lashes. If you've ready my most recent post on mascaras (link here) you'll know I didn't really get on with the Rimmel mascara but I'm determined not to waste it.

Lastly (my favourite part of the look) I'm wearing my Wet 'n Wild lipstick in Mauve Outta Here, I bought this when I was in Dublin without swatching it and upon trying it back home I was pleasantly surprised to see its a pinky/purple lipstick (more purple) and nothing like anything I own so I'm definitely going to have to use it a few more times before the summer season ends. Hope you enjoyed this face of the day :)

Thanks for reading, Jenny xo
 P.s let me know, would you prefer to see more face of the day posts or photos in reviews?

 BlogLovin'  //   Twitter  //  Instagram  

Post Comment
Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_