Top Social

August Non-Beauty Favourites

29 August 2014
The Summer has dissappeared? With it being the end of August and September right around the corner I think its safe to say Autumn is on its way and I'm both happy and sad about it. Although we haven't had too much sun, its been nice to have no routine & simply relax before we all get back to the boring 9 to 5. Anyways less ranting, more favourites. This is my non beauty favourites because nine times out of ten I enjoy writing these more as there less common & it lets you know more about me and my interests and such so here we go. 


Not too long ago I was looking lusting over mid year diaries and planners in Paperchase for writing down all my blogging thoughts in for the next year and a half, I thought I would upgrade from planning on my iPad but walked away without one. Then I stepped into Poundland, not quite the same but they had a bunch of mid year diaries for you guessed it, a £1 and I thought why not. It can easily just be chucked in my bag, its a bit dull (I'm having a monochrome moment) and small but it does all I need it to do and honestly its made blogging, planning and organising so much easier having it all down on paper. 

As for skincare bits and pieces, I'm not sure if these should be in the beauty favourites or not but skincare is a bit different from makeup so they're here for now. I'm loving The Body Shop at the minute and have been raving all month about their cleansing butter, if you read my review here (link) and their seaweed mask. I'm a face mask addict, I think. They're the skincare item that I can't seem to stop buying but this tops all of them - I'll be doing a review soon on this but oh my goodness I'm in love and between these two my skin has been (touch wood) far clearer than normal. 

I always try and include an album or tv programme in my monthly favourites and although Pretty Little Liars and Teen Wolf are amaazing, I started watching Scandal this month and I'm already halfway through the second season. I love law programmes, murder mystery that sort of thing, and this is definitely more on the law side of things. It follows around Olivia Pope, her team and the drama in their personal lives as well, making it more light hearted and I can't wait to catch up enough to watch the third series. I just can't recommend it enough! Also Taylor Swift released a new song, Shake It Off which has been stuck in my head for the past two weeks and although I much prefer her older music this is unbelievably catchy and I love the message behind it! 

Lastly I purchased new sunglasses in the sale, I was hoping for sun and I love the design - when it comes to sunglasses the bigger the better and I'm going through a tortoise shell phase too so the first chance of sun we have in September (we all know its sunny when everyone's back to school) these will be my go to. I think that's all of my non beauty favourites for this month, I hope you enjoyed it :) 

Thanks for reading, Jenny xo
P.s what non beauty things have you been loving throughout August? 

 BlogLovin'  //   Twitter  //  Instagram  

4 comments on "August Non-Beauty Favourites"
  1. I really want to try that cleansing butter from The Body Shop, everybody keeps going on about it!! You're planner is nice too; I need a new one before sixth form starts again so I might pop down Poundland since you found a nice on there. Nice post :)

    http://anotherfashionfanatic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely, next time you're near a Body Shop its worth picking up :) Thanks, Poundland has some wonderful bargains, there were quite a few in my local one so hopefully you find a nice one :) x

      Delete
  2. I agree, Summer is pretty much gone! but truth be told, i've always preferred the Autumn months..apart from all the rain that is!

    PS; those sunnies are gorgeous!

    Love Ana,
    anasofiachic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same, Autumn may just be my favourite month at a pinch but an umbrella is a necessity :) thanks, I'm just hoping for some sun now! x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_