Top Social

Maybelline vs 17

21 July 2014
Lazy mornings and rushing to leave the house are an awful habit of mine and this is where these wonderful little things come into play - cream eyeshadows, making life a heck of a lot easier. There was a lot of hype surrounding the Maybelline Colour Tattoo when it was first released but barely any for the 17 offering so I thought I'd try something new and do a bit of a comparison post for you all.  


It might be slightly noticeable from the photos that both of these are well loved and as unlikely as it seems I've used them a lot since I bought them and there isn't really that much of a dent in them showing that they're definitely long lasting.  

The Maybelline Colour Tattoo in the colour 'On and On Bronze' (top left and bottom right) is described as a 'gel cream eyeshadow' and I would have to agree it does have the perfect mix of the two. As for application its really quick and easy, a whole of two seconds as I use my fingers to apply one swipe, let it stick (so to speak) and then one more swipe to make the colour pop a little more. I tend to use it as an eyeshadow but the colour tattoo's can always be used as a primer as well to prevent creasing from other shadows and really make a wow statement. 

At first it was a bit of a nuisance to get to grips with as the product is solid and you need to let it melt a little on your fingers before applying. The whole 24 hours statement thats something I'm not too sure about, there'll probably never be a chance for me to wear it for a whole day but regardless it lasted a long time so I'll take their word. The packaging although I love the glass bottom is a little bit misleading with how much product there actually is - thats the only downside but overall its just the perfect bronzey colour for everyday use.

The 17 Wild Metallic Cream Eyeshadow in 'Wild Bronze' is more of a creamy, mousse formula compared to the Maybelline offering. This just means its a little messier if you're using your fingers, I usually use a small eyeshadow brush for application. Although I'm a fan of the packaging or pot, I'm not too keen on the lid (this is just personal opinion, I'm not big on leopard print). The eyeshadow itself applies well although slightly slippery and would work well with a primer underneath to stop it from doing so. Its highly pigmented and has shimmer particles - thankfully no chunks of glitter! and less is definitely more in this case. 

In the swatch photo you can definitely see the difference, the 17 offering is more creamy and shimmery and darker in colour to the Maybelline swatch which is more of a matte shade. Both however are wonderfully pigmented, last all day and definitely help when you sleep in. Let me know if you've tried any cream eyeshadows lately or your all time favourite shadows? Or if you enjoy comparison posts like these? 

Thanks for reading, Jenny xo
P.s what do you think of the maybelline/seventeen eyeshadows?  
4 comments on "Maybelline vs 17"
  1. Great post, I have been eying up the 17 cream shadows as I am a huge lover of the colour tattoos. My favourites have to be the On and On Bronze and the pomegranate one which is a lovely burgundy kind of colour, great for colder months :)
    Would love if you checked out my blog too x
    ellissinwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! The pomegranate one is one I'm definitely picking up for the Autumn time, Pink Gold is a nice colour for the Spring :) Of course! Jenny x

      Delete
  2. I've never used this 17 eyeshadow but I love and use almost everyday the Maybelline one!


    I've just started blogging and it'll mean the world for me if you check out my blog or maybe follow me back on bloglovin ;)
    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maybelline one is so lovely! Yeah thats fine, good luck with blogging, I'm so glad I started :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_