Top Social

Mac Haul

15 July 2014
Every so often its nice to indulge a little and since a couple of weeks ago I got my University exam results for second year and they turned out to be a lot better than I expected (thank goodness) I thought what better way to celebrate than treat myself to a few MAC goodies. 


Although I love MAC makeup I've only just started collecting bits and pieces every now and again - student budgets aren't exactly the biggest! However everyone, their mother and their cat I'm pretty sure raves about MAC's mineralize skin finish in Soft & Gentle, thee perfect highlighter and for whatever crazy reason I hadn't actually got round to purchasing it until now - shock horror and when the package arrived I was over the moon and ever so excited to try it out! 

A lot of mac products have been given a revamp lately (well they're packaging has) and this was in the newer style, its a bit odd not having the traditional packaging as this doesn't have a clasp - a little annoying if you're in a rush and trying to open things but nothing much can be done about that. I'm pretty sure this will keep me going for years with the products dome shape holding a heck of a lot of highlight. I'm pretty sure everyone has seen swatches or read about a billion reviews about the MSF so I'll not keep rambling, this is more of a haul than a review but who knows in the future I might post one, keep your eyes open! What else can I say, ts just the most gorgeous shimmery colour and superbly pigmented, love at first swatch basically. 

Way back I also purchased a quad and since then had forgot that I only had one eyeshadow sitting in it all on its lonesome and decided it was time to purchase a friend for it. I love neutral shades and it was a no brainer that I wanted to add All That Glitters, an all time favourite of practically everyone to my collection. When I was taking the photos of these two I actually realised that the eyeshadow is very similar in colour to Soft & Gentle just less highlightery of course! 

Thank for reading, Jenny xo 
P.s what mac products are well loved or a must have in your collection? 
6 comments on "Mac Haul "
  1. I'm not really a massive fan of MAC but these look like good picks :)

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, its just exciting trying new makeup bits and pieces out :) Jenny xo

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your uni results!
    Soft & Gentle is so pretty! I feel as though I need it in my life, although I'm not too keen on the new packaging. I much prefer the old one. All that glitters looks beaut too-it's been on my wish list for so long now!!
    Found your blog from the #bbloggers chat on twitter, followed on Bloglovin and GFC!
    Olivia x

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4529341

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, they were such a nice surprise :) I agree, feels like a waste to actually use it and make it all messy! we could grow to love it I guess? its such a lovely shade, definitely worth it! thank you I've just followed back on Bloglovin and GFC, your blog is amazing x

      Delete
  3. I always used to use Mac as my post exam treat at uni haha. They have such amazing eyeshadows and lipsticks. All that glitters is gorgeous!

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its definitely the best kind of exam day treat, that and going out for dinner! I don't own that many of their lipsticks but the ones I do I love, Jenny xo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_