Top Social

Whats In My Makeup Bag?

27 June 2014
A couple of weeks ago if you read my whats in my bag post (link here) I promised that I would include a separate post for my summer makeup bag so ta da! This makeup up bag is an absolute nightmare to photograph can I just point out, the mirrored panel in the middle reflects everything :( I do still love it though as its the perfect size for holding my everyday necessities, I picked it up in Primark not too long ago as I thought the white/pink print was lovely and fresh for the upcoming months - better than the previous black one I had. 



For my base products I've only included three or four, the Maybelline BB Cream in the shade light (the oily skin version, which is lighter in colour than the ordinary, thats the only reason I have it) for better skin and lighter coverage days and my Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in the shade Ivory for a heavier coverage (surprisingly since I've seen the sun for a few days, this colour is a really close match to my skin whereas in the winter its a tad too dark). Both have a SPF of 15, perfect for warm weather and I've also included my Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer and my Rimmel Stay Matte powder for extra sunny days - no one likes shine.

On my eyes I usually just stick to my Maybelline Falsies mascara but on the odd occassion I'll use my Collection Fast Stroke eyeliner (which is probably one of the earliest makeup items I ever owned) and my MUA heaven and earth palette if I fancy some colour aka neutrals. I also use the darkest shade in the palette (its soo annoying that they aren't named) and my MUA pencil for my brows. As for cheeks my Sleek Face Form palette is my best friend for travelling as it includes a beautiful rose gold blush, contour and highlighter and it has a massive mirror so I can see what I'm doing. I usually switch using this with my MUA mosaic blush, which is like a combined blush and highlighter in one. 

Finally my favourite products, those for lips. I shocked myself with the amount I actually had sitting at the bottom of my makeup bag but hey 5 probably isn't a lot to others. The Maybelline Baby lips are a must for every handbag as they're so fun yet moisturizing! As for colour I've been swapping between two Revlon colourburst matte balms in Unapologetic and Showy depending on how I've been feeling that day - one a coral and the other a bright pink and again they're not drying in the slightest, have a wonderful pigmentation in one swipe and last all day (even through numerous cocktails). Lastly the Revlon lip butter in Tutti Frutti my more orange toned shade and something I've been trying to push myself out of my comfort zone to wear! 

Overall a lot more colourful and bright - I tried to keep this more of a drugstore based post as well to appeal to everyone :)  

Thanks for reading, Jenny xo    
P.s what products are a must in your summer makeup bag? 
1 comment on "Whats In My Makeup Bag? "
  1. you definitely do, I think they're 2 for £10 in Boots at the minute so they're such a bargain :) these are perfect and they definitely last! thank you so much xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time and effort to read my little blog and leave a comment, it means a lot! I read and reply to them all and you can also tweet me at @JennysEveryday_